fuckfuckfuckfuckFUCKohgod
Jun. 7th, 2011 10:50 amMy computer went bluescreen while I had my fic open on Wordpad. When I opened the file again after restarting the computer, THE ENTIRE DOCUMENT IS BLANK. Like, the scrollbar is exactly the same size and the last modified time stamp is correct, but THERE ARE NO WORDS. WHERE ARE THE WORDS. WHERE ARE THE 25,000 WORDS I FUCKING WROTE ON THIS FUCKING DOCUMENT.
oh my god
oh my god i know wordpad doesn't have some fancy recovery feature but it's not supposed to screw up the OLD STUFF I SAVED
oh god oh god oh god
WHAT DO I DO DDDDDDDDDD:
I'm already late for school, I don't have time to deal with this shit!!!!!!!!!!!! DHLKADJASD:LARUHFDSFJds dsjglkasutiora fsdjafjsaf;sa
oh my god
oh my god i know wordpad doesn't have some fancy recovery feature but it's not supposed to screw up the OLD STUFF I SAVED
oh god oh god oh god
WHAT DO I DO DDDDDDDDDD:
I'm already late for school, I don't have time to deal with this shit!!!!!!!!!!!! DHLKADJASD:LARUHFDSFJds dsjglkasutiora fsdjafjsaf;sa
no subject
Date: 2011-06-07 03:43 pm (UTC)System restore?!!?! Maybe! I haven't used Windows in ages!! D:
no subject
Date: 2011-06-08 03:40 am (UTC)Thank you for the suggestion though! T___T
no subject
Date: 2011-06-07 04:12 pm (UTC)..what he file size now? is it 0kb?
no subject
Date: 2011-06-07 04:20 pm (UTC)try to right click at the file and choose restore previous version, but I don't know if that really can save your previous work..
I think the file most likely gone, but try to check temp folder, there's chance even if it's just a little...
no subject
Date: 2011-06-08 03:56 am (UTC)This was a really great link though, so thank you for trying! Sad it didn't work ;A;
no subject
Date: 2011-06-08 03:42 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-06-08 08:03 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-06-09 05:23 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-06-07 06:21 pm (UTC)And to that end, WHY ARE YOU USING WORDPAD?!
no subject
Date: 2011-06-08 03:45 am (UTC)2) I don't like how "neat" and "professional" things look on Word because I like my drafts to look simple and draft-like.
3) It takes like 10 seconds longer for Word to load than Wordpad.
4) Word uses Calibri font by default; Wordpad uses Arial. Arial >>> everything else.
5) I just like Wordpad, it has like zero features and I enjoy that.
6) I am a colossal idiot.
no subject
Date: 2011-06-08 04:47 am (UTC)2. I don't get you. :P
3. Suck it up.
4. You can change that too.
5. Then use Notepad!
6. YOU SAID IT, NOT ME. :DDD
no subject
Date: 2011-06-09 05:24 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-06-07 08:52 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-06-08 03:46 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-06-07 11:06 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-06-08 03:49 am (UTC)Thanks for all your help though! ;____;
no subject
Date: 2011-06-07 11:12 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-06-08 03:50 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-06-08 11:50 am (UTC)I don't even know what I'd 25,000 of my words. I'm sorry. :(
no subject
Date: 2011-06-09 05:55 am (UTC)T______T Thanks, I'm sorry too.
no subject
Date: 2011-06-08 11:08 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-06-09 05:57 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-06-09 10:35 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-06-09 06:17 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-06-09 10:39 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-06-10 01:13 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-06-10 01:18 am (UTC)Don't beat yourself up too much, okay? You're busy and recreating your words back would be tough. So take all the time you need. Srsly. I'm not going anywhere. Besides, I'm the type who doesn't do frequent backups (and barely runs my v.scan) so I'm with you. :)
no subject
Date: 2011-06-10 01:25 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-06-08 12:29 am (UTC)this is why i write in googledocs now. windows was giving me too much shits.
no subject
Date: 2011-06-08 03:52 am (UTC)Still trying to recover the file, but I'm fast losing hope... T___T fucking sobs
Thanks for the support!! T_____T
no subject
Date: 2011-06-08 04:05 am (UTC)i usually write on the draft section of my gmail then recently moved over to gdocs. im just so scared of losing works lol cos i know once i lose it i wont go back to rewrite it cos i'll just mostly be bitter about my loss .___.
maybe try open the wordpad file with other programs? is it a .txt or .rtf? if so i think you can try open it with notepad or a browser maybe? :S
hope you get it back somehow.
no subject
Date: 2011-06-09 05:59 am (UTC)I'm extremely extremely bitter right now (and mad at myself for not backing up my documents, mostly). It was a fundraiser fic so I will definitely rewrite it, but I really, really, really... do not feel happy about doing so.
T__________T!!! Thanks!!!
no subject
Date: 2011-06-08 12:24 pm (UTC)Copy paste into notepad? Clearly copy/paste into Word didn't help, but notepad is only the absolute raw contents. Clearly there's something there, even if you can't see it or access it, but notepad does absolutely nothing except for plain text. I know I write my LJ entries there because it holds onto the HTML and doesn't add anything unexpected.
Good luck! T_T
Edit: Also, if that doesn't work, right click on the file and use the "open with" option to open it in notepad to begin with. Don't know if that will change anything but anything is worth a try at this point.
no subject
Date: 2011-06-09 05:50 am (UTC)I'd previously tried all your suggestions but I did them again after I read your comment just to be absolutely sure... and yeah, it's still a blank. The something that's there is apparently 182,393 spaces. Blergh.
Thank you for your help though! I appreciate it (and your icon)!
no subject
Date: 2011-06-08 07:45 pm (UTC)i know shit to nothing about recovering files but i really feel bad about this :(
no subject
Date: 2011-06-09 05:54 am (UTC)